Straight chain 1, 2-alkanediols have been used for almost 25 years as moisturizers with multifunctional activities.
ChemoxyCare® 8 has moisturizing abilities and anti-microbial activities and ChemoxyCare® 8 will work synergistically with other preservatives in personal care formulations, it is often co-formulated with 1,2-Hexanediol or Phenoxyethanol and is used to replace parabens. ChemoxyCare® 8 is also known as 1,2-Octanediol or Caprylglycol.
The key aspect of ChemoxyCare® 8, is its chemical purity , which stems from 2 facets of Chemoxy’s production – our controlled reaction chemistry is such that purity is higher and impurities are minimised through our sophisticated distillation capability.
Benefits of ChemoxyCare® 8:
• ChemoxyCare® 8 has no pH restrictions when used in formulations.
• ChemoxyCare®8 use in formulations tends to be below 1% w/w levels.
• ChemoxyCare® 8 has good antimicrobial resistance to Gram+, Gram- and Yeast.
• ChemoxyCare® 8 also has moderate performance against moulds.
• ChemoxyCare® 8 improves the stability and resistance of the formulation to microbial attack.
• ChemoxyCare® 8 is a well-known hydrating agent, and its short lipophilic chain attaches to the lipid structures orientating the hydrophobic part of the molecule to the upper skin layers for better moisture retention.
• ChemoxyCare® 8 is also known to reduce the surface energy and therefore the contact angle of water on the hydrophobic surfaces of the skin, giving better moisture distribution.
|Clear colourless liquid @ 30°C
|Very Low Odour
|30 Hazen Max
Typically used as an emollient or humectant in formulations which are used for:
e)Health care creams
Click the link below to view Chemoxy’s full ChemoxyCare® 8 product PDF file.