Coasol ™ 290 Plus
Coasol™ 290 plus
Why use Coasol™ 290 plus?
As new emission and VOC regulations are being adopted across the world, and with ever increasing standards, Coasol™ 290 plus is specially designed to meet these standards and maintain a non VOC low odour coating.
Coasol™ 290 plus combines an excellent suite of properties to produce non VOC, non-odour coatings and is classed as non VOC under European Directive 2004/42/CE. It meets the criteria requirements for the Ecolabel regulations and GS11 Green Seal, and the newer standards such as the French regulations.
- Key Features of Coasol™ 290 plus
- Higher boiling point than Coasol – 290C.
- Open time improvement.
- High Eco-Tox Profile
- Non-VOC, biodegradable and low odour ‘on wall’. Coasol™ isn’t toxic and is Non HAPS (Hazardous Air Pollutant).
- No esters of butyric acid so no risk of unpleasant odours when paint applied to alkaline walls.
- High Performance & Efficiency
- Can use 20-50% less to achieve a low MFFT.
- Reduced solvent loading to allow incorporation of open time extenders and freeze/thaw protection systems.
- Improved paint rheology and pigment wetting.
- Incorporated easily in low shear mixing
- Minimal water solubility improves portioning performance.
- Enhanced film properties
- Improved open time enhances film formation.
- Film integrity and durability improved by drying profile.
- Excellent water resistance.
- Improved colour development & minimal impact on gloss.
- Improved film hardness without cracking.
- Improved wet rub performance.
- Resistant to hydrolysis so useable on Alkaline surfaces.
Coasol™ 290 plus is a very high performance coalescing system which gives the formulator flexibility to achieve low VOC targets whilst improving paint performance in a number of areas.
Coasol™ 290 plus finds an application in industrial cleaners where its eco-profile distinguishes it from other technologies. It is used in hard surface cleaners, as a component in printing paint cleaners, for removal of floor wax. Certain Graffiti removal formulations use its high degree of solvency. It is also used in nail polish removing formulations.
Coasol™ 290 plus is used with unsaturated polyester resins or epoxy resin systems, and can be used as a low tail solvent in coil coatings, or to reduce VOC in high solid formulations.
Coasol™290 plus has been used in a number of oil-field applications including low temperature fluids, wax dispersion and degreasers.
- Not classified as VOC as per the European Directive 2004/42/EC.
- Not classified as a VOC per China State Environmental Protection Agency.
- Not classified as VOC in Green Seal GS 11.
- Not classified as a VOC per Australian Paint Approval Scheme, D181.
- Not classified as a VOC as per the exemption criteria for EPA 40CFR59.203(f)1.
- Not classified as VOC according to the LVP exemption criteria by CARB.
- Not classified as VOC as per the French VOC and labelling Regulation for building and decorative products.
Coasol™ 290 Plus TDS
Coasol™ 290 Plus Article