Research & Development
The time and money invested in research and development at Chemoxy allows us to expand our toll manufacturing service and product range, as well as improve efficiency and improve health and safety measures. The following features inform and affect our research and development process:
- Highly experienced scientists, with over 100 years (combined) experience in the chemical industry.
- Well-equipped Laboratory, containing a range of fume cupboards with electricity, compressed air, nitrogen, hydrogen, helium and natural gas.
- “Walk-in” fume cupboard for larger scale equipment.
- Several high efficiency distillation columns in a purpose-built extracted Distillation Room.
- Buchi pressure reactor, suitable for reactions including hydrogenations and methyl chloride chemistry.
- A wide range of analytical equipment, including GCs, a GCMS, HPLC. FTIR, Ion Chromatogram and Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer.
- Additional wet chemistry analytical instruments (Karl Fischer, Autotitrator pH meters etc.)
- DSC/TGA for rapid assessment of reaction chemistry hazards and thermochemistry.
- Simulation, using Chemcad to evaluate the scale up of these processes from batch to continuous operation.
- The R&D chemists work closely with Development Engineers and Plant Managers to efficiently and safely introduce new processes to our plants. We have an excellent track record in scaling up R&D processes to the main plant units.
- Analytical Techniques
We have both modern and traditional analytical techniques at our disposal, including:
- Chromatography: HPLC, GC, GCMS, Ion Chromatography
- Spectroscopy: FTIR, UV/Vis
- Spectrometry: AAS, Flame Photometry
- Wet Chemistry: HPLC, GC, GCMS, Ion Chromatography
- General: Melting Point, Density, Viscosity, COD, Colour, Involatiles Determination, Flash Point and Boiling Range
If you have any questions about Chemoxy’s research and development processes, please call us.